Re: [Amc-list] VAM on 'the prestigious internet' site

Re: [Amc-list] VAM on 'the prestigious internet' site

Well, I just went over and did some major editing of the VAM entry,
incorporating what someone edited (with info from Fred Koos and Miguel
Ortiguez) into the main article rather than having it look like two
contradictory articles. I've done some major research on VAM, and the
article had a lot of half-truths in it, such as the eventual sale to
Renault -- AMC sold out to Renault in 82, Renault took over the Mexican
government portion in 87 so they could close the unprofitable venture
out. Renault didn't buy VAM in 82 as the article stated -- they
inherited a portion of it when they bought AMC. ------------- Date: Sun,
15 Mar 2009 09:16:16 -0700 From: Victor the Cleaner <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxx>

> > Sure wished people would NOT use wipipedia or allpar for 'research' before
> > posting stuff. I happened open this today about VAM
> >
> > http://prestigiousinternet.blogspot.com/2008/07/vam-mexican-amc.html
> >
> > if some of you have a google account maybe can go straighten this blog up. I
> > realize anyone and their cat has a blog, but some need to be replied to I
> > guess. Ironic that on this site it has this phrase:
> >
> > "If it's on Wikipedia, it must be true."
> >
> > which should read:
> >
> > "If it's on wikipedia, mustn't be true"

The way it works is "If it's on wikipedia, someone thinks it's true,
and nobody who knows better has cared enough to correct the errors."

I don't now how much of this is true or not.  If you do, why are you
griping about it here rather than creating a wikipedia account for
yourself and straightening it out?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"