Re: [Amc-list] Concord Engine Question - 4.0 EFi Six -

I wanted pics so I could ask what people figured was the problem. It looked like a "giant" had taken the Jeep engines and snapped them open like a Chinese fortune cookie. I don't know if the crank twisted or something else had happened, but the motors looked like only the oil pan and head were holding them together (they wouldn't turn either) Both had been hit pretty hard, but not tboned. (unlike the '93 ZJ I got my first HO 4.0L from, which had the inside handle of the passenger's side easily accessible to the driver and shifter at the same time (luckily there was no passenger when it was hit and flipped, but it was still drivable in low range on just the front driveshaft)

From: Wrambler
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Concord Engine Question - 4.0 EFi Six -
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."

How about some details?
Saying the blocks are broken is like me saying I saw two 82-83 4.2L blocks that where cracked and leaking.
Which I have seen.

What where these 93 blocks in?
Could you tell what caused the condition?
Covered with rust stains from blown antifreeze etc,?

I could Type OMG, too, but I'd prefer to hear about the actual facts surrounding this...
Every 4.0L failure I have seen has been caused by, lack of maintenance, overheat, or cracked head on 0331 heads when they first came out.

The junkyard is not the best place to determine what makes a bad engine.
That's kind of why we call them junkyards!

Mark Price