Re: [Amc-list] Concord Engine Question - 4.0 EFi Six -

Re: [Amc-list] Concord Engine Question - 4.0 EFi Six -

How about some details?
Saying the blocks are broken is like me saying I saw two 82-83 4.2L blocks that where cracked and leaking.
Which I have seen.

What where these 93 blocks in?
Could you tell what caused the condition?
Covered with rust stains from blown antifreeze etc,?

I could Type OMG, too, but I'd prefer to hear about the actual facts surrounding this...
Every 4.0L failure I have seen has been caused by, lack of maintenance, overheat, or cracked head on 0331 heads when they first came out.

The junkyard is not the best place to determine what makes a bad engine.
That's kind of why we call them junkyards!

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.