Re: [Amc-list] Rear End Swap

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" A: I'm STILL looking for an M20 near Seattle for my '82 Spirit, but I
" guess it'll be swapped out to an XJ D35 soon instead, along with the
" Eagle wagon front axle I have. (I'm hoping it's 3.07 ratio which is
" VERY common in '87 XJs)

3.07 is the stock gear in all 4.0 5sp xjs.  renix-era d35s will have
m20/d44/ford small bearing flanges and 10" amc v8 brakes; later have
mopar flanges and 9" and btw zj rear disks are an easy fit.  you can
also put the disks on an xj 8.25" axle with little effort.

maybe you'll get lucky and find an early-xj m20.

" From: Joe Fulton
"
"
" Nolan,
"
" I think the rear end width for all Hornet, Gremlin, Concord bodies is the same.

yup, also '68-'70 amx and javelin.  the m15 went through a few tweaks
but the m20 housing is the same from the early javelin to the spirit
amx.