Re: [Amc-list] 67 Ambassador pre-formed heater hose needed

Re: [Amc-list] 67 Ambassador pre-formed heater hose needed

Do you have the original hose? You may be able to find something closer.
I had a similar problem with the hose between the thermostat housing and
intake manifold on my 67 American and I was able to get a hose that
worked great after it was twisted 90 degrees. Also, the bend you need
may be in the middle of another hose.

Matt

On 2/13/2009 11:49 AM, Joe spouted this sage advice:
> Hi guys. Anyone know of a part ##/brand of preformed heater hose that will work/can be adapted to work on my 67 Ambassador? It goes from the heater water/temp  control valve on top of the heater housing (under the hood)down to the heater core tube. It has two 90 degree(roughly) bends in it. I located a L shaped hose at NAPA and got one of those spring/bend forming things. BUT i think that hose is going to be about 1 " too short after forming the bend. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!! I'm about ready to reassemble my 67 DPL convertible after finally getting it's body work completed/painted afteer six years of driving it looking like dodo!! thanks again,Joe

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com
1967 Rambler American wagon