Re: [Amc-list] dolla days, part 1

" From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I would love to have that 904 transmission, but I'm a good 1000 miles away
" from you.
" Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but isn't the 904 the light weight
" light duty transmission that some one has made super duty parts for and it
" can be put behind a 500 hp engine??

you're thinking of the 998/999, beefed 904 variant used stock behind
360s.  they do it with th350s and 700r4s too.

" I just remember something about the TH 400 that uses way more horsepower to
" run than many other transmissions, I have TH 400 from a 76 Wagonneer and a
" 67 TH 400 from a 396 Impala that I always thought would combine into a good
" drag racing transmission, but if a lighter less horsepower hungry trans
" like the 904 would work too, why not.........?

i think this is true of all the bigger autos; th400s, tf727s, c6s.
i've heard 45hp vs. 25hp as the revs climb.