Re: [Amc-list] tbi adapter for 196

In this day and age a flat plate intake could be done up by ANY reliable metal supplier.
Probably 50% or better of them have laser, waterjet, plasma, etc, Computer controlled cutters.
Our shop in town, we are about a pop of 50K, for reference, anyway, our shop in town cuts some really intricate pieces
for our metal sculpting chair of the art dept. She works in metals, stailess, aluminum etc,
Where I am going with this, is that Frank said year ago he made a dual carb intake.
  Instead of adapters, take and intake in and have it drawn up. Then have the shop cut it to work with the TBI you want!
You can add a simple spacer to raise the TBI if needed.

This would allow you to clear any obstructions, the valve cover and in Tom's case, perhaps even allow him to keep the beloved bellcrank linkage if the TBI rotates correctly.

For caliper adapters a set was costing about $40-50 to cut and the metal cost was included.

You guys may want to investigate that approach.

Oh, Another TBI source!
Nissan! 86.5 up to at about 90 had a TBI on the 2.4L fours in their trucks.
Also a four bolt IIRC.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5