Re: [Amc-list] seat belts (and parking brakes)

Re: [Amc-list] seat belts (and parking brakes)

>>> Just looked under my 63 Classic.
>>>
>>> Front: there's a U-channel stiffener attached to the floor pan that at
>>> one end has a spot-welded "T-nut" to accept the seatbelt bolt. It's more
>>> or less in line with the rear seat mount bolts and more or less in line
>>> with the B pillar (4 door).
>>
>> I assume that "rear seat mount bolts" means "the front seat's rear mount
>> bolts".
>
> Ooops, sorry -- yes that is correct.

I thought we'd taken this about as far as we could, then I discovered the
original owner's manual for the '63:

	SEAT BELTS - If your car is not equipped with optional seat
	belts, they can be easily installed with an American Motors
	belt kit available at your dealer.  Front seat belt attaching
	plates and rear seat location indentations are standard on
	all models to facilitate installation.  Before you fasten
	belts, make sure the two halves are not twisted.  Adjust belt
	length to hold your comfortably yet firmly in place.

Humph.  I still don't see any damn "attaching plates" in there...

jl