[Amc-list] Need some help in Tampa

Hi guys.  I am looking for someone in the Tampa area that can help me out.  Not really AMC related but car related.  My nephew just got married and moved there to finish school a couple months ago. This being said and being away from family and friends, he is on a very tight budget and can not afford to waste even a nickel.  He bought a used car from a place called Kempton Auto Sales in Tampa.  It is a 96 Toyo Camry, he paid $2500 for it, has had it a little over 2 months and put less than 2,000 miles on it.  He is not very mechanically inclined but being around me he knows a few things.    He had a few concerns that he voiced to the guy he bought it from but was told they checked it out and it was fine.  By the way, I want to say that so far, he said the owner has been real nice to him. Just the other day the car died on the highway.  He had it towed to Lee's Towing and Auto Repair where instead of jumping the car first
 to see what was wrong with it, the replaced the battery and terminal to the tune of $250.  Once they started it, the mechanic new right away there was a major problem.  The car has a rod knock and a dead cylinder.  My nephew said the knock has steadily gotten worse and is really loud since they worked on it.  They basically told him that it needs a new engine which I would agree after talking to the guy.  One guy at the shop said they would reimburse most if not all that he paid as they should of done any of the other work knowing the condition of the engine.  The owner of Lee's is now saying no.  The guy he bought it from(Kempton Auto) said he would go over to this shop and take a look at it as if he may be willing to stand behind the car.

Me being in Kenosha makes it a little difficult to help him other than give advice and possibly talk to these guys over the phone.  My question is, does anyone on the list in that area know either of these two shops?  I would like to get some information on them if possible.  If so, please contact me directly so we don't take up list time discussing non-AMC related topics.

My apologies for going off topic.

Thanks

Nick
 Alfano Performance
4849-76 st.
Kenosha, WI. 53142
262-308-1302
262-942-8271 after 6pm central and weekends