Re: [Amc-list] Oh generator, thou doth suck.

Re: [Amc-list] Oh generator, thou doth suck.

Int eh 80's when Nissan started wandering into the hight tech world big time.
EFI, Talking computers etc; they soon discovered that they had neglected the alternator!
Even cruising at highway speeds, if you had EVERYTHING on at night the battery would slowly discharge!
Thier shrt term answer was to go to sears and buy the biggest frikkin battery they made that would fit in the box. They sent us the part number for the Diehard to use.  That allowed enough storage to get most customers through OK.

  That's what I'd try first if not planning on redoing the car soon.
BIG Battery!
   I always buy the largest capacity battery I can get in the tray. I figure the price difference is negligible compared to the price and PIA of a jump start or tow!
   Course with the generator cars, most of them can be started by drifting or pushing them and catching them in gear.  Takes a bit of speed with the pre 66 automatics though!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>