Re: [Amc-list] Fw: overdrive wanted & questions

Re: [Amc-list] Fw: overdrive wanted & questions

" From: "Brian Schmid" mtflyr@xxxxxxxxxxx
" Subject: overdrive
"
"
" I am looking for an overdrive unit for any, but, would prefer American from
" the early 60's through (?). It would be the smaller unit that bolts to the
" tail shaft and from what my research has indicated, was an after-market
" option. I will be adapting it to a Metropolitan.

since the met was made by austin, why not seek out a british
stablemate with o/d and/or 4sp tranny?  mgb comes to mind...

i didn't know there were any aftermkt o/d; the only one i know of is
the oem opt warner r10, which was used on 196 americans and 390 ford
pickups and everything between.