Re: [Amc-list] When they started pushing drivers and

Re: [Amc-list] When they started pushing drivers and

IMHO, I started losing interest when NASCAR stopped being SC racing... Stock Car.  I've been to a few of the non-existant tracks (Riverside), and tracks that have been given facelifts (Charlotte, Atlanta), and those that just survive (Phoenix, Miami).  One reason I got so hooked was my die-hard love of AMC cars.  Bobby Allison made the 'Big 3' take a new look at little AMC when he placed in the top 5 a few times, and even WON once, or twice.  It was Bobby Allison who had a hand in designing the 'Bug Eye' coupe, making it more aerodynamic for racing.

Yep, there's talent there, no doubt.  What's missing is the attitude, demeanor, and from-the-heart love of the sport.  David Pearson with his T-shirt and that ever present cigarette, Richard Petty and his smile in winner's circle, Bobby Allison's ability to drive a brick shaped Buick to victory, Buddy Baker and Benny Parsons sence of humor, showing up with one team or another.  Those are, to me, what made NASCAR.  And, the old addage, Win on Sunday, Sell it on Monday!