Re: [Amc-list] And he was a goober-tronic! (pushrod wasn't quite pushing

Tom Jennings wrote:
> Don't bother with the kroil business. See that page I posted, see my
> home made valve tool. It's flat stock with two holes. Works fine!
>
> Chances are that one valve is simply the FIRST valve to stick. If you
> have bad gas, the others WILL ALL stick. It's an intake valve, right?
>
> Get that valve out, and see if it's getting oil (welded in place if not)
> or sticky goo.

That's a cool tool! Valve is no longer stuck, but I haven't pressed it
down far enough to see what's going on. It looks like you used a flat
bar, drilled two holes - one to match with the valve stem - the other to
line up with a bolt hole - then used it to press down the valve? I like
that! Not sure if my drill will handle metal, but am seriously
considering it.