[Amc-list] Moldy Molding

The post man/woman did it again.  I had ordered a spear point molding for the driver's fender from Harold Wenner.  Mr. Wenner has been great to deal with in the past and he has NOS Rambler parts for reasonable prices.  He had one NOS spear point left for a 65 Rambler 330.  I bought it and he shipped it to me.  Well, I waited and waited and finally contacted him right after Christmas.  He gave me the insured package number and I checked with the local post office.  They checked here and it was not on the shelf and couldn't tell me if it had been delivered.  I checked with Mr. Wenner who checked with the post office on his end and he said it had been delivered on the 29th of November.   Hmmm.  I looked in my side yard because sometimes UPS and the post man drop packages over the fence rather than leave them on the porch.  Of course I get no notice when they do this.  No joy in the side yard.  I checked the back yard and found a box of books I had ordered
 as a Christmas present for one of my sons.  Thanks UPS.  They had been rained on.  But still no Rambler molding.  I have corresponded with Mr. Wenner again and he is ready to file an insurance claim.  I thought I would check one more time today and I found the package.  It was under a 69 Javelin project car in my back yard.  It had been rained on several times but the molding is still pristine. The box is soggy though.  I was so happy to find that thing.  It was Harold's last 330 molding.  I'm not happy with the post office though.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA