Re: [Amc-list] 304 Stroker Build Underway !!!

Re: [Amc-list] 304 Stroker Build Underway !!!

Greg,

Great project. And the uniqueness of it really impresses me. A low
displacement AMC powerhouse !! My guess is this thing will be quite tough
and have a long life expectancy.

Please tell me if I am way out of line here.
I see rust on the crankshaft. The rest of the oiling side of the engine
looks pretty clean
If there is any possibility of little flakes of rust departing from the
crankshaft and traveling into say a lifter or bearing it may early self
destruct your new motor.
You could have the parts blasted with steel shot to clean off the rust. I
would think something could be put over the journals to protect them.
I'm not sure the crank can be encapsulated with glyptal paint, but if that
is possible, it may need to be rebalanced.
If I'm missing something here or if some one has had experience with this
and sees it as not a problem. Please chastise me quickly.

Armand