-------------
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 17:07:03 -0800
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Numbers: Frank, I now have to engines with block casting numbers
3160133. The machined pad on the drivers side (intake side) is stamped
21208, light stamp. The left (distributor) side is stamped J22156 (heavy
stamp), which doesn't appear right according to the Red White Blue book.
Any ideas?

No oil filter. Line ran from the main gallery to the head with a nice
neatly bent line. There's no oil outlet from the front cam bearing, so
it's an older block?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"