[Amc-list] 304 Stroker Build Underway !!!

[Amc-list] 304 Stroker Build Underway !!!

Hey guys,
We finally got the stroker build started.  Short block is prepped and assembled.  Awaiting the cylinder heads from the machinist.  For those wanting to follow the build and see pics, you can follow the thread on the AMC Forum at http://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8062&PID=66676#66676

P.S.  Good news on putting a 390 crank into the 304 bore block.  The aftermarket I-beam 401 rods (with cap screws) clear the cylinder bottoms ... no notching was needed.  A 401 crank definitely would need grinding ... unless ... the H-beam rods have more clearance due to their design.

I also switched back to the Crower Turbomaster camshaft, which has a much longer intake duration, while maintaining a mild exhaust duration.  Will help to keep pressure down for the compression stroke, while building power on the exhaust stroke ... kind of like the Miller Cycle cam/pistons we discussed a while back.'

Hope you enjoy the build thread.

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :) <><
Rochester Hills, MI