[Amc-list] an udder motor

Got that 195.6 OHV today Thanks Joe for the pass on referral! I met the
guy's wife at the storage unit, where they'd dumped it in the doorway
and now it was preventing getting in and out!

Flopped it onto my little Harbor Fright trailer (12" wheel model) on a
tire and straps. Dogs went along for the ride, very exciting (I guess).

When home took the opportunity to go through the iron pile, reorganize,
and make sure nothing could get wet, and set up a nice outdoor work
bench, hung crap from the rafters of the ramada etc. Nice!

Motor is in fair condition. No holes in block, looks like it ran
"recently". No carb or fuel pump, but holes plugged, stored right. Welch
plugs were leaking. Typical heater valve nipple rotted off, has hose
coupling it to water pump (every "original" 195.6 I've seen has that!).

No oil filter. Line ran from the main gallery to the head with a nice
neatly bent line. There's no oil outlet from the front cam bearing, so
it's an older block?

Numbers: Frank, I now have to engines with block casting numbers
3160133. The machined pad on the drivers side (intake side) is stamped
21208, light stamp. The left (distributor) side is stamped J22156 (heavy
stamp), which doesn't appear right according to the Red White Blue book.
Any ideas?

Popped the valve cover off: well there you go, the reason the motor was
retired: grey oil, water in the oil. Nothing rusty, but almost certainly
a blown head gasket. With the leaking welch plugs it seems likely the
motor ran low on water, got hot, wasn't torqued on schedule, lost the
headgasket and maybe the head is cracked. Will pop the head off soon,
maybe Saturday. These things always seem to die from the same problem.

Bellhousing still attached (manual trans) but it's cracked up at the top
near the block, which sure looks like it happened when it was on the hoist.

Motor came with a new, sealed Felpro full gasket set, and a nice hoist
leveller with four lugs and chains. Not a bad haul. I hope some
internals are usable!