Re: [Amc-list] Concord is home

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" The main thing is do NOT run the T5 low on oil! They only hold a quart
" to begin with. That's what killed the one that was in my '83 J10

yeah, trannies really don't like to run dry...  is the amc t5 a
notorious leaker?

"    I thought about doing an AX-15 in my Spirit (I even bought the whole
" harness and computer to do it)

that's also geared rather wide for a car.  the days when they were
practically giving them away seem to be over, but the r154 from a '90
+/- turbo supra is a sibling tranny geared much better if you can
score one.  you'd need the toy yoke for it and maybe a custom
driveshaft if the u-joint is special unless you fancy rebuilding with
2wd jeep mainshaft and extension case.  centerforce makes a toy-spline
10" disk, though there's probably a usable 250mm or 255mm [10"=254mm]
stock toy disk.  and rather than a special pilot bushing i'd have a
machine shop make a press-fit thimble for the small toy pilot to bring
it up to stock jeep size.  you'll probably go through many bearings
before you need a new input shaft, if ever.

after all that, a 5.0 t5 and cps reloc kit are probably cheaper.