[Amc-list] Leon's prices - not as cheap as they were, not gouging, eithe

[Amc-list] Leon's prices - not as cheap as they were, not gouging, either...

I used to go there in the '80's and early '90's alot, and the rule was, the more you bought, the cheaper stuff was. I've noticed that his prices have gone up on even tiny items, though, that's how I gauge how expensive he is. While he's definitely NOT Pick-N-Pull priced, he DOES have the stuff you need, whereas most yards will only laugh at you if you need '58 Rambler stuff. Hard to tell what he'll charge, if you already know what you want, he may give you a price, sometimes he says it's based on condition as well.

 Bottom line is, if you really NEED it, be prepared to pay a good price for it, not $10-20 , and you won't be disappointed. Leon has gotten wise to the prices of AMC stuff via Ebay, so you won't fool him about value when it comes to buying things. And, he doesn't HAVE to sell it, either. he's only overpriced when it comes to Pick-n- Pull comparisions, sure, but if you truly need a part, then you won't hardly find a better place locally to get it but there. The days of cheap antique parts prices there are long gone. But at least he still has parts around, many yards don't. Good hunting, and happy holidays...tell him Hi from the Gremlin guy.

Jerry Casper