[Amc-list] Molding Still Needed

If anyone has parted out a 65 American 330 or 440 I need the driver's side spear point molding from the front fender.  I ordered one from Harold Wenner (amcpartsloon) but it appears to have been lost in the mail.  I think that was his last spear point too.

I'll be trying to re-anodize the aluminum side moldings for the 65 Rambler here at home in the next couple of weeks and I'll let the list know how it comes out.  I found a website with step-by-step directions.  I'll use 5 or 6 inch diameter plastic pipe, capped on one end for my anodizing and stripping tanks.

I plan to start on Mustang gas tank installation in that car tomorrow too.  I purchased a 67/68 filler neck to replace the hokely "long rubber hose" 1965 filler neck.  An exhaust shop nearby made a beautiful stub-out time fitting for the filler neck.  I just need to mate it all up and braze the little stub out onto the tank.  The disadvantage to this tank is that the muffler has to be moved.  There's no room for the exhaust to come straight out under the rear bumper because of the width of the Mustang tank.  My local exhaust shop can probably handle the exhaust mods though.

I spent the day checking out a 195.6 engine from a 64 American hardtop which a guy is planning to pick up on Sunday.  I had not looked at the engine except to rob parts off of it in the last year or so.  It appears to be a first run block so if the buyer flakes out on me, I'll keep it for future projects.  The bore measures 3.125 inches with dial calipers and there are no oversize markings on the pistons so I expect it's kind of a rare block 44 years after it was cast.  The car that it came from was in very good shape in a local junkyard but the yard refused to sell me the whole car.  They did let me completely part it out though for one lump sump price.  I still have the Flashomatic tranny and torque convertor too, which I hope I don't need for the Rambler I'm putting together.  I should fire the motor on that car for the first time tomorrow.  Fingers crossed......

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA