Re: [Amc-list] Full flow 195.6 oil pump

Joe Fulton wrote:
> So Frank, you are saying that I could plug the extra hole on the pump (where the oil is leaking from now) and it would work on a pre-1965 block?  I do plan to take some pictures later today and I'll be pulling the pump off again this morning.  I really would like to try to use the full flow oil filter if I can.
>
> I never did get an answer to my question about the proper oil filter (Wix or Fram number) to go on that pump.  NAPA said a Fram PH11 was not correct and sold me a Napa Gold, but I don't have the number right here.  I think I put it in a previous post.

Joe, NAPA has the wrong sized part listed. I picked up the Napa Gold
they had listed for the 1965 195.6, and it was too short. (still sitting
on a shelf in my garage).

The Fram PH11 is the right size. It's long enough to fit on properly.
The one NAPA lists (and Autozone as well) is just too short. I just ask
my NAPA guy for the NAPA Gold equivalent of a Fram PH11. (when I'm in
Autozone, I gotta go with the dreaded orange filter).

If you have time, try the PH11 equivalent, and try the filter listed in
the books. You'll see what I mean.