Re: [Amc-list] FW: [wastewatts] Re: rod oven.

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Is it realy more dangerous than the rod oven burning away and the rods a nice comfortable 425*s?

OH HELL YEAH!!! A small electric oven sitting on a metal table top is no
big deal. LPG expands about 250 to one! And it's heavier than air and
flammable!

I did that nut job on a concrete driveway in open air.

Our friend and Burning Man campmate/neighbor Michael Luhan is up to a
little trouble with LPG here... I swear, 100K gallons of the liquid must
go up in flames there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTRBWcxa3o

then there was this in 2007... I was there... my jaw dropped to the dust
and I felt the heat 1/2 mile away and the playa lit up like DAYLIGHT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj3mWMdv978

(That's 900 gallons of Jet-A delivered by a few thousand gallons of LPG
via a 500 foot, 18"? diameter feeder pipe.)

> Come on Joe, If you did not live in California with ma Ca learing over your shoulder you'd try it !
> Go ahead confess, you have a little Rebel in you! (AMC content! Rebel, ha!)

Yeah, safety has it's place, but so does danger. Kids can't even carry
pocket knives these days, poor SOBs. Hell I had a spanish civil war
bayonet I chopped down into a scary thing that I could (and umm did...)
slice open trashcans with. Gasoline, cars in the woods... ahh the good
old days. We made messes though.