Re: [Amc-list] TBI fuel injection tuning...

Re: [Amc-list] TBI fuel injection tuning...

Don't forget when you start talking about how great timing control would be you are limited by the mechanical nature of the dist.
  Too much advance in relation to the rotor and you send the spark to the wrong cylinder.
Also, is there a wide blade rotor available and or a wide cap?
  You can go farther with electronic controls with these items.
They allow you to do more electronically.

That buck you feel is the spark going the wrong way.
4.0L's have tat problem with aftermarket timing sets and cams from time to time.
You getthe buck on a long grade at tip in of the throttle.
There is an indexing procedure you have to use to make sure your dist is set properly.

No dist and elctronic controls shine here as you can fire the plug whenever you choose.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>