Re: [Amc-list] TBI fuel injection tuning...

Re: [Amc-list] TBI fuel injection tuning...

TPI shortens transport time and, the big thing is it makes all cylinders equal.
Well, not exactly but probably not very measureable!
With TBI you inject and mix in the center of the intake.
You have long runners and short runners, then cylinders then, exhaust ports to mix it back together and measure it.
So some cylinders are probably rich and some lean.
Oxygen sensor only sees the blend going out.

With TPI it still only sees the blend but you take the intake and mixed up runner lengths plus fuel drop out of the equation.

  They actually have made and maybe still do batch fire port injection.
They just shoot fuel at the back of the valves, open or closed.
I never have got a handle on how that works without creating a gas hog, but it does.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>