Re: [Amc-list] TBI fuel injection tuning...

Sandwich Maker wrote:

> could it be an intellectual property antitheft device?  map publishers
> put bogus features - towns, etc - in to guard their copyrights.  if
> they show up on anyone else's maps...

I wouldn't doubt they have some way to ID their EPROM, but it seems
unlikely htats how they would do it. ALso, you can't copyright data
itself, just instantiations of it (eg. the phone book).

What also makes me think the EPROMs were hand-made was, they disabled
the checksum. It would be tedious to hand-checksum the EPROM every time
you made one, but modern software does it automatically every time you
make the tiniest change.