Re: [Amc-list] Yahoo! News Story - Big 3 carmakers beg for $25B, warn of

Re: [Amc-list] Yahoo! News Story - Big 3 carmakers beg for $25B, warn of catastrophe - Yahoo! News

Yup it will be a catastrophe -- bail out or not.

Ford, GM, Chrysler made their own beds, they get to lie in 'em. No
outside force did this to them. They made wild income off truck-based
products with no thought to their own future, which is now the present.

Hourly-wage workers made America, they didn't ruin the auto industry.
Their (our!) health care needs didn't ruin GM.

A big part of being American is looking reality square in the face,
taking responsibility for your own actions; and making opportunities
where they did not exist before, not whining about what's unfair, or
clinging to the past like there's no future.

The US will probably bail them out, then we get to pay twice. Smaller
government, eh?

"No jap" stuff is racism, or nationalism at best. It's harmful. GM,
Ford, Chrysler are not "America". It's people, us!, and the
Constutition, Bill of Rights, etc, that are "America". We'll live fine
in the long run without the former, not the latter.