[Amc-list] Yahoo! News Story - Big 3 carmakers beg for$25B, warn of cat

[Amc-list] Yahoo! News Story - Big 3 carmakers beg for$25B, warn of catastrophe - Yahoo! News

<<<Al l I can say is if they could not read the writing on the wall let them sit in the mess.Buy out this, buy out that, Prolonged death.>>>

Mark,
I believe you've said it all. When the Asians first entered the US market, they were indeed building crap, however, while they responded and improved their product, the Big 3 watched while the Asians caught and surpassed them.
The Asians aren't going to pack up their factories and go home. They need to build a certain number of cars in North America in order to stay in the market here. That means jobs and when the unions get the clout to up their pay they will.
I bought US made cars from the Big 3 until I got tired of the crap and bought my first Asian car, a 10 year old Lexus with over a 100,000 miles.
With that mileage, it still ran and drove better than any US car I had owned when it was new.
The management of the Big 3 should be thrown in jail for mismanaging  a virtual monopoly into the ground.
My rant for the day.
Don