Re: [Amc-list] Big 3

I agree and there is already a precedent for these loans.  Iacocca (not our favorite AMC guy I know) got loans for Chrysler in the late 70s and paind them back early.  Let the government "supervise" the spending of the money loaned to the BIG 3 but make the loans and keep them solvent.  All three are on the verge of producing cars with new technologies.  Yes, the played around with SUVs and trucks too long but the pieces are falling in place to produce the e-friendly cars most of America needs.

It just made sense for Ford to keep developing the F-150 when they could make an average $9000 profit per truck rather than the average $900 per car profit for a Focus.  Now they have to shift gears.

Joe Fulton