Re: [Amc-list] 30 or 45 degree Intake Valve Seat Angle ... ?

Re: [Amc-list] 30 or 45 degree Intake Valve Seat Angle ... ?

" From: Greg Taylor <amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Hey guys,
" Got a valve seat angle question for you all.  I recall seeing
" somewhere that a 30-degree (AMC Stock) intake valve seat angle
" flows better at low-to-mid RPMs than a 45-degree angle (which
" flows better at higher RPMs).  Can someone shed some light on
" this, please.  Thanks so much!

i hadn't heard that, but what i did see was that it depended on flow
direction - 30 worked better on intakes, 45 worked better on exhausts.