[Amc-list] Sound mats and belts.

I have bought new carpet for the American and want to put a layer of sound deadener type material on the floor before installing it.
  Anyone have any suggestions as to what product gives the best bang, or rather lack of bang! for the buck?
Dynomat is about the most expensive I see. There is also a material called Fatmat [or is it Fatmax] anyway, I'm leaning to the Fatmat product. 100 sqft is $130 total.
   Now, the cheap bastid or RM side of me is considering Grace ice and water dam! I'm concerned of smell issues as Fat Mat mentions that and I don't want the American to smell like a tarred roof on a hot summer day!

  Also need 3 point seatbelts in Charcoal. Probably go wth new ones, anyone have preferred vendor? I'm tired of the originals with their funky multipart connections etc;
  What about rear shoulder belts in a 69 American sedan? I know it can be done. Anyone do it and have memories of the experience?

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV