Re: [Amc-list] ramblings tires

165/80s should have 165 mm of tire width and the tire height (wheel to road will
be 80% of that. As I said 'all other things being equal'. 155/78s will be
narrower, 175/78s will be wider. Actual TREAD width depends on the tire
construction and how it compares with the TIRE width.

In my experience tire size is not an EXACT science. Tires of the same numerical
size vary in diameter and width, even from the same manufacturer. Using info
from the dealer flyers I've found that 195/75-14s vary from 824 to 832 revs per
mile and 195/70-14s from 838 to 854. The '195' part was 193 to 198.

Ken

Quoting Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx: