Re: [Amc-list] 67 Ambassador convertible is finally in the paint shop

Re: [Amc-list] 67 Ambassador convertible is finally in the paint shop

" From: Joe <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" I have a set of NOS 67-68 Ambassador station wagon rear springs and an
" ADDCO rear swaybar kit ready  to install while my Ambo is on the hoist
" at the body shop. already have air shocks on it but really need to
" install the new springs. I think the sway bar will be a great addition.
" WISH i could locate a larger diameter front sway bar to install.

having heard what air shocks can do to other amcs, i'd be concerned
about them.  i wouldn't want them on my car.  also, consider hunting
up a set of hd -front- springs to balance the rears.  for the 6, they
step from 85# to 110#; for the v8, 105# to 120#.

on the rear, they're 104# std, 120# hd, 138# wagon std, 170# wagon hd.
iirc i put wagon springs on my marlin; couldn't find any hd then.
they raised the rear slightly, just enough that you could tell if you
looked.

btw all the rear and the v8 front springs are shared ambo-rebel.  6
fronts are different, but only slightly.