Re: [Amc-list] Head grooving & fuel

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" Look at that 195.6OHV -- it's got almost no spark advance! Unbelievable!
" I've added more than 10 degrees advance at speed and it wants more. And
" in what, two years? I've not heard this motor ping.

remember phillips 66 and union 76 gasoline?  those numbers came from
'30s ad campaigns boasting of their octane levels.  even with low
compression you wouldn't want much advance, and as noted the engine is
that old though it's surprising they didn't do more to take advantage
of postwar octane.