Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 22, Issue 80 (auto trans)

Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 22, Issue 80 (auto trans)

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" That reluctance to change or flush fluid: Every one of the horror
" stories I've heard ("it was working OK, but once I changed the fluid, it
" stopped working" type things) were very old, unrebuilt transmissions
" usually with unknown histories; it's not hard to imagine grit and crud
" laying dormant on the bottom of passageways swept up into the fluid...

a modern-style tranny flush would really shine here.

" If the transmission was serviced AT ALL (fluid change/adjust more than
" rarely) it's a GOOD IDEA to change fluids regularly. Screw the TSM here;
" I can personally attest that frequent (every 2 - 4 years) service will
" extend the running life (between rebuilds) and overall life of the
" transmission.

the sharpest auto-tranny fellow around here, widely known and
respected for top-quality work on whatever you threw at him, changed
his own fluid every year.  'fluid is cheap.  rebuilds are expensive.'