[Amc-list] Head grooving,,, or not.

Frank, Greg and others.
How will you know it's "doing as advertised" unless you have back to back
IDENTICAL tests in a controlled environment???
I've read all the claims by "automotive breath" and others going back
several years.

For one thing I don't see how it could possibly help much if at all on a
motor where (due to dished pistons or open type quench chamber) the piston
to head clearance is .060 or greater. Smokey Unick claimed the benefits from
a "quench type" chamber dropped off drastically once you reached that point.
And yet I see pictures of these guys putting VERY small grooves in some of
these heads and "claiming" HUGE gains,,,,, com-on now.

At LEAST show me where someone has done Gtech tests or SOMETHING. I wish I
was still working at the shop where we had a dyno or I'd do em. I don't
currently have any engines ready to assemble that would be a good test.

Anyway It's only about 6 weeks till the PRI show. I'll be asking everyone in
sight about it. If anyone has any examples I'll try and get pictures.
But HEY,,, that's just ME!!!
Bruce Hevner