Re: [Amc-list] Head grooving & fuel

Frank Swygert wrote:

> I think I see a trend though. Older engines, especially smaller ones, seem to benefit greatly from the improved turbulence in the combustion chamber. That's without other mods to improve the mixing of the fuel and air.

I think you nailed it Frank... there's a lot of hacks that make sense on
old motors, and a complete waste on new ones. Few of us really give a
crap about Honda/Toyota Super-ULEV cars for funm, but hey, if we had
that level of combustion efficiency in our old motors they'd scream!!

Look at that 195.6OHV -- it's got almost no spark advance! Unbelievable!
I've added more than 10 degrees advance at speed and it wants more. And
in what, two years? I've not heard this motor ping.