------------
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:22:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

" Now, as far as the transmission itself goes, the top bolts and the bearing
" retainer look to be in the exact same location on both transmissions.
" The difference is in the lower 2 bolts.
" It looks like the lower holes from the 62 would line up on the outside of
" the transmission case of the 67.

this sounds like the reverse of what i'd heard, that the lower holes
were moved down when the rear mounts moved from the bell to the
tailshaft.  before, the tranny was hanging off the bell; after, the
tranny is half supporting the engine - principally through the lower
bolts.

if you're right, is there enough thickness on the bell to drill for
the '67 lower bolts?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"