[Amc-list] Recommended Towing weight for the American

[Amc-list] Recommended Towing weight for the American

Okay, assuming I sort out the headgasket and myriad minor problems on
my '65 Rambler American - what would be a recommended towing weight?
The full load service states 1100 pounds with 3 150 pound passengers
in front, three 150 pound passengers in back, and 200 pounds of
luggage. Or is it 1100 pounds total, and subtract the weight of the
passengers and luggage?

I'm thinking an Apache Mesa is too big, and a Classic / Rebel /
Matador would be a better choice for something that size. (Mesa here:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/rvs/888513316.html )

Tom, have you pulled your popup? How does it handle? It's basically a
stripped tent camper, right? That's what I'm searching for over on
this side. I'm thinking the American would have no problems with a
small tent camper that does not have the stove, fridge, heater in it.
About how much does your popup weigh?