Re: [Amc-list] Recommended Towing weight for the American

Bruce Griffis wrote:

> Tom, have you pulled your popup? How does it handle? It's basically a
> stripped tent camper, right? That's what I'm searching for over on
> this side. I'm thinking the American would have no problems with a
> small tent camper that does not have the stove, fridge, heater in it.
> About how much does your popup weigh?

Alas, only with the Classic wagon, which has a 232. My popup (ohyeah, I
never took photos! I will this weekend) weighs like 500 lbs, so that's
nothing, but likely it'd be 1000 lbs total for a weeks' trip (water,
food, bicycles, etc).

I tend to be too paranoid about such things I think. I'd be more worried
about braking than pulling.