Re: [Amc-list] 195.6OHV "full flow" oil -- to the head

Re: [Amc-list] 195.6OHV "full flow" oil -- to the head

Two things of big concern when over oiling the top end.
One is flooding the valve seals and creating a smoker.
Two is pumping the oil all to the top end, bad for the bearings!

On all 4.0L's I build, uh, one in this case :]
I Polish the snot out of the oil drain backs in the head. I mean really polish!
Round the edges open the holes, even create a little better gully!
One thing 4.0L's will do is build oil and cake the heads, then the oil lays on the head and caes up even more!

Still waiting on those pistons! [rubs hands together and drools on keyboard]

I'm ready to start screaming, D#&ned shoulder...
I got about a third of what I wanted to get down today! But at least I got something done!
Worked on some other stuff in prep for my cable upgrades and was in the area of where the 4.0L block and 258 crank are resting. Let them rest up, there going to get some abuse!

On the interesting note, My oldest son is so far nailing really good grades in his first semester of Engineering!
YAY!  He also has a VERY intense want for an Eagle Talon TSI !!! Which as we know is really a mitsu, but at least it has that last vestige of AMC heritage to it!  I've got him to consider it or a Grand Cherokee with a 4.0L in it. So, Some hope fer the boy yet!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>