Re: [Amc-list] 195.6OHV "full flow" oil -- to the head

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Two things of big concern when over oiling the top end.
> One is flooding the valve seals and creating a smoker.

Damn you and Frank for spoiling my idea.

> Two is pumping the oil all to the top end, bad for the bearings!

Well it wouldn't increase total flow up that line, just change the split
from 50/50 to 100/0.

It is easier to do nothing, though.

> On all 4.0L's I build, uh, one in this case :]
> I Polish the snot out of the oil drain backs in the head. I mean really polish!
> Round the edges open the holes, even create a little better gully!
> One thing 4.0L's will do is build oil and cake the heads, then the oil lays on the head and caes up even more!

Are they different under the valve cover than the 232/258? Better oil
return and flash cleanup never hurts anything!

> Still waiting on those pistons! [rubs hands together and drools on keyboard]

Yeah, sounds fun, and Im inspired now and with Joe's motor to build
mine. I'm over the utter lack of performance growth room already. Unless
I run into some huge snag with this motor

* 195.6 fits in the hole! No problemo! Cheaper by far!
* 232 would be great, but doesnt fit, much ugly hacking required
* 2.5L is probably the way to go for project cars
* Ford 200 is fine, but as much work as the 2.5L, so why bother?