Re: [Amc-list] 195.6OHV "full flow" oil - Joe's Motor

Re: [Amc-list] 195.6OHV "full flow" oil - Joe's Motor

> From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 195.6OHV "full flow" oil -- to the head
> To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Yeah, sounds fun, and Im inspired now and with Joe's
> motor to build
> mine. I'm over the utter lack of performance growth
> room already. Unless
> I run into some huge snag with this motor

Speaking of Joe's motor, I am just about finished with it.  I put the new master cylinder in the car today and spliced in to the existing brake lines.  I'll work on the heater box tomorrow.  I'm using the DMT? kit for the 67-later Americans and it's worked fine so far.  There isn't much difference in the design of the heater boxes.  I'll photo document some of that tomorrow.  Matt, thanks again for providing the impetus to get that kit made.

On the engine I still need to bolt on the throttle linkage bracketry and do something about the vacuum line to the fuel pump and wiper motor.  I've decided to have the wiper motor professionally rebuilt at Ficken Wiper Service and get a replacement clip from them to attach it to the Rambler wiper mechanism.  I've had good luck bending hard lines and have learned how to used the Craftman bending and flaring tools and get much more reliable results than in the past.

Anyway, here's the motor:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o115/pacerman_01/rambler196ohv/auction11068.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o115/pacerman_01/rambler196ohv/auction11067.jpg

Joe Fulton