From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] modern six in an old-six hole
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
" From: Jim Blair
"
" Speaking of the Ford six, today while junkyarding for minor accessories
" for my buddy's '63 Scout with Ford 250 transplant,

just occurs to me - that 250 probably weighs a ton less than the old
cornbinder slant-4...

" I found a collection of motors to check out.
" Ford 300/240 with the carb/intake on either side of the head

huh?  you mean crossflow?

" and a 250 with non-integral head (1975 Mustang II)

wow, i thought they weren't used here.  the only ones i knew of are
the aussie/argentina 12-port and the aussie crossflow redesign.  the
12-ports are a straight swap for the integral head and much in demand
amongst ford six hotrodders.

" and another integral head one ('7? Comet)
" plus a 200 (we have to score the passing gear assembly from that one)
" in an '82 Mustang.
" I discovered that the 250 has the starter mounted below the crankshaft line
" while the 200/170 has it above (mounted into the bellhousing between the
" crankshaft line and the vertical block)

the 250 always had a sbf bellhousing pattern while the 144/170/200 had
a couple of unique small ones, but that late 200 should have most of
a sbf pattern also, though it's so low it's missing the top 2 bolts
iirc.