Re: [Amc-list] Any gotcha's with Pertronix Ignitor?

Total lack of spark (tach I hooked up reads zero even coasting downhill in 3rd gear) This is a 1 bbl Holley on the BG241 6 cyl (Carter YF might be better for economy. It only gets 10 mpg, but it's a rolling brick '68 Travelall which is wider and taller than an FSJ Wagoneer)

From: Frank Swygert
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Any gotcha's with Pertronix Ignitor?
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jim, that sounds more like a carb problem. My Jeep did that when I first installed the 390 Holley. Carb was loading (flooding) at when the throttle was suddenly closed (slowing down mainly), and when idling I had to stomp it to clear it up and get it running right -- would load up again after 30 seconds or so. Turned out to be high float level caused by trash in the secondary needle/seat.

What makes you think it might be an ignition problem??