Re: [Amc-list] modern six in an old-six hole

I keep hearing different things about the 250. It should have the same bell as the 240/300 and SBF, but others say it's a smaller pattern like the 144/170/200? The C4 in the IH is the heavy duty version with the light duty bell (like I did the 170 motor in place of the 300 in my '75 E150 years ago)
   Why would the 240 be under the hood of a Mustang? I figured it would be too long to fit? Maybe these are questions for the Fairlane forum I used to be on.

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] modern six in an old-six hole
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" IIRC, Frank allready measured the 250-300 out and they are too long.

the 250 is a tall deck version of the 200 and not related to the 240
which is a destroked 300 using different crank, rods, and pistons.

i can well believe the 240/300 is too long; it was built to be a truck
motor and only used in cars briefly in the late '60s.  it is also btw
considered along with the amc six to be one of detroit's most rugged,
reliable, and long-lived postwar engines.

not sure if the 250 was ever used with the t96 but the smaller ford
sixes appear to have been, from their beginning until ~'66-7.