Re: [Amc-list] Carb adjustments - Holley 1909 one barrel

Re: [Amc-list] Carb adjustments - Holley 1909 one barrel

Carb is wet. I figured we just didn't tighten it down enough when
putting it back on. It looks clean on the inside. I lifted the top and
there is plenty of gas in the part where the float goes. We want that,
right? No foreign matter.

I had pulled the tank in March-ish, and had it cleaned out. I replaced
the rubber fuel hose at the tank end at that time. When I put on the
rebuilt fuel pump last week, I put on a new steel fuel line from the
pump to the carb (Napa steel line, although I used an Autozone
hand-bendible for a while). I just replaced the rubber section of fuel
line that goes between my steel line from the tank and connects to the
fuel pump (so, clean tank, rubber hoses replaced, line from fuel pump
to carb replaced, the long steel line is still in place and has not
been swapped out). I checked the fuel filter with the rebuilt pump -
and it was new).

So, if the plugs are bone dry, can I rule out rings and headgasket?
I'm trying to figure out what I need to trouble-shoot, and what I can
just leave as is. Could I also rule out messing up my valve job?