Re: [Amc-list] modern six in an old-six hole

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Time? Who says any of us has time for any of this?
> didn't stop me from buying a set of pistons to throw on the pile!!!

yeah yeah yeah... I see your (il)logic and second it. That's why I'm
gonna go stare at them in the yard! And peruse for 1 bbl TBIs too... and
of course the occasional Rambler...

I'm thinking of tearing down my NOS rebuilt 195.6OHV shortblock I bought
this year... see if the bearings are still good, and pop out all the
pistons. I should check the deck for flatness, buy new rings (I'm sure
they'r eall unspring by now) and start to build a new motor...

The one in the car runs great, but it leaks all over. Every time I've
done the work to stop leaks like that I ended up yankin the motor within
a year or so fur a rebuild. I'm learning to stop weastin my time!
Pulling it "soon" would be smart -- it's running fine, documented
compression, etc, so it would make a fine core to sit in storage for The
Future.