Re: [Amc-list] Carb adjustments - Holley 1909 one barrel

Bruce Griffis wrote:
> Carb is wet.

Well there you go. It's not anything in the block or head, so you can
relax :-)

It's flooding. Is it drippy and wet with gas when idling? YOu say it
won't idle at 500, 600 rpm? That's consistent with way too rich.

If the outside of the carb is wet, then I'd guess, most likely, the
float is stuck and it's overflowing. That would mos tlikely be a bad,
worn needle and seat or simply dirt in it. YOu can take the "needle" out
and clean it with solvent (dont scratch the needle tip or seat).