Re: [Amc-list] modern six in an old-six hole

Re: [Amc-list] modern six in an old-six hole

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" 2.5L and a turbo or a belt driven supercharger of your choice.
" AMC all the way!
" Bolts to many different trannies of your choice, many! I found a
" thread I did not think to book mark recently that shows all the
" different trannies that will bolt up to the AX15 and AX 5 bells
" and there is a bunch of stuff out there.
" The 154 [IIRC, yota] trans is ideal!

r154, turbo supra ~'90 +/-.  a w58 [non-turbo supra] would do pretty
well too, good for ~220 ft-lbs, but the input shaft is 1" shorter.

there is also the jeep sr4/t4/t5 bell, ford pattern.  i wouldn't be
completely surprised if it was multipattern or there was a t176/7/8
bell as well.
and since the block shares bolt pattern with the chevy 2.8/3.1/3.4 v6,
gm pattern bells from the s10 and camaro at least.

" The automatic of choice is an AW4.

the a343 version is pretty beefy, used in 4.7L tundras.
alternatively, an s10 th700r4 with corvette mods...